Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Summer Studies

 Welcome to June dear friends. I hope you are surrounded by bright blue skies and flowering plants. My garden is waking up but it still gets quite cold here some evenings. We are still in lockdown but I am thankful that we are healthy and there is lots of work to do here at home. I just completed the Enchanted Letter course online and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share these opulent letters with you.



The large online classes have been a great way to share an overview of the techniques but there is never time enough to get into all of the details in the handouts. There have been so many remaining questions about the gilding techniques. If you want to dive deeper in the gilding, I will have more time to share the techniques during The Glittering Vine at the Legacies III Virtual conference. I have had lots of requests for private students as well who would like a single session tutorial that dives deeper into gilding. If you are interested in this please email me at heather@heathervictoriaheld.com and we can go from there. My full teaching schedule is also available by emailing me. There are lots of small guild classes coming as well as a new illumination class on the way! This July, I will be teaching The Artful Flourish through The Gentle Penman online.  This is my foundational class in true offhand flourishing. Other than our pencil warm up, we will not use the pencil at all. The offhand flourish is the direct result of thinking on paper. The flourishes evolve and grow as your hand refines skills. This is the easiest of all pointed pen skills to learn as well as being peaceful and meditative. 
The world of flourishing opens up so many skills to the calligrapher. I seldom let a day go by without putting a little flourish on the paper.  The wisdom behind Study, Practice, Reflect comes through in this course. 
I will  continue to catch up on commission work and pen orders this summer so I will be in the studio a lot. I look forward to hearing from you and I am only ever an email away if you have a question or want to show me more of your gorgeous garden florals. Whatever you are choosing to do over the summer, I hope you find joy and peace in the pursuit.

 Take time for yourself. Observe the delights in nature as they come to you. Pick up the pen and play! Sending hugs all around. Thank you for your friendship, encouragement and support. May you Flourish!

No comments: