Sunday, February 26, 2023

Quiet Appreciation



 This Sunday morning is cold but filled with sunshine. I woke up to the song of a cardinal who seemed to be so joyful. As I prepared to start my day I realized how grateful I am each morning as I get ready to approach my desk. I can't wait to start working. I can't wait to put pen or brush to paper and bring something of beauty into the world. Even though there are struggles, stresses and anxieties to contend with, the pause and anticipation of working with me hands brings on such a sense of appreciation. I have just completed the Pencil Lines for Glittering Vines course for Ardington and next week I will start Nature Sings.  There are still a few spots left if you want to join. We will work on a grisaille technique for butterflies, bunnies and florals.

Each time I present a course, I discover something new. These designs and ideas are part of who I am as a teacher and an artist but I still find new lessons along the way. Although I teach, I find that I learn as well. The ideas that are unpacked by students and the questions that they bring enrich my life in so many ways. I just wanted to share the joy of this Sunday morning with you and hope that you find a moment in the day for quiet appreciation. I want you to know that your notes, emails and comments have been such a blessing to me. Enjoy the beauty of each day. Sending hugs all around. 

No comments: