Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Grateful Momemts

Right now I am in my quiet studio with the windows open to hear the baby bluejays in the yard. Usually the first bird to visit the garden in the mornings is the noisy little Carolina wren. He is so noisy but always so welcome. The camera is always close by but he is so quick and elusive. The baby blue jays are a bit easier to photograph.

I feel like the spring and summer have flown by at an accelerated pace. I have been so grateful to be here at home to experience the garden, weeds and all and watch things as they grow. I love the quiet and have had lots of time to work in my studio. I am so grateful to be able to work closely with so many private students as my travel teaching schedule is on hold indefinitely. There are so many wonderful opportunities online these days to study various things and I feel fortunate to be included as one of your choices! The photos below are part of study packets that get sent out to my private students when the courses are complete. You can email me at anytime if you would like information about any of my private courses.

This summer  I have begun to reread the biography of Kate Greenaway. Kate's work has inspired me for years and it is so good to learn more about her life and her daily routine. She remains one of my biggest artistic heroes.
She was often criticized for her unique style and her desire to continue to paint and draw subjects that she loved. She would listen to her critics to hear what they had to say while she remained true to her own vision. The more I ponder that, the more remarkable I find her. We all have an artistic vision and unique skills, talents and gifts. It does take a measure of strength and determination to continue to pursue our own unique vision. While I worked on this initial and border, Kate continued to inspire me. 


I recognize right now that there are so many challenges around us. Where ever you are in the world, I hope you  have a space of time in your life and corner in a room where you can pursue something that brings you peace and joy. Seek out a moment in a day where you can pause in wonder and gratitude. I am sending virtual hugs and encouragement to you as I write this. If you need a more personal note of encouragement in your mailbox, please write to me at heather@heathervicoriaheld.com. I would love to hear from you. Enjoy August my dear friends. I am so grateful for all of you!

No comments: