Monday, December 14, 2020

Notes for the New Year

 Here we are half way through December. Time continues to fly by and I wanted to greet you before things get too busy as I complete this month. I hope you are finding lots of time to pursue the things that make you happy.  Currently, I am seeing an explosion of courses available to study online and that is both wonderful and overwhelming at the same time.  We can get  inundated with ideas and want to take every course but not get the chance to really digest what we have learned. I do this all the time and realize that it takes me time to really understand and apply what has been presented in a course. With that thought in mind, I feel  somewhat hesitant to let you know about the next course I will have available early January.   I will be releasing a new course through the European Pointed Pen Collective.





The course is called Notes for the New Year. This class is designed to give you a peaceful approach to correspondence through the ornamental designs of Victorian Scraps. It involves slowing down and adding small areas of ornament to a note or card. It is a short course but hopefully one you will refer back to for years to come.


This year as I have completely stopped my travel, I have expanded the time I allow for studies with private students. I have had several students take long term courses with me and I have been so thrilled to see their progress. Working with private students has been my preferred way to teach as I feel like I have not only been able to teach and really watch skill levels bloom, I have also been able to forge some real friendships. If you are interested in any private studies in the New Year, please email me at heather@heathervictoriaheld.com. I will be expanding course content from The Alphabet Garden this year for students who want to take a deeper look at illuminated letters and refine their skills. I will be introducing this throughout 2021. Lots to come!!!

All of that being said, I want to reinforce that we all are so unique and have different study approaches. Online courses are not for everyone and neither is private instruction. If you feel like you do your best work through private study and research, I will be cheering you on. There are many times where I feel inspired and instructed by doing some research or reading through what is on my bookshelf.  Whatever approach you take to your studies, your hobbies or your relaxation, I hope you fill your life with things that bring you joy and delight. I have loved spending time with you this year. Thank you for your support, encouragement and friendship. Hugs all around!

No comments: