Thursday, August 18, 2022

A Time To Refine


 Here we are in the middle of August. I am still overjoyed to see my morning glories every day and enjoy the delights of the summer. Leaves are already turning colour in some spots here in Ontario, and my thoughts are turning a bit to the Fall Season. My fall Flourishing class for Acorn Arts is open for Registration. It is a class designed for those of you who have some offhand flourishing experience but want to refine skills and find ways to bring more magic to the flourish. There is a level you can achieve with offhand flourishing where the strokes are exceptionally fluid and the floral are filled with life and vitality. We can work on eliminating some hesitation with the thought process and bring a confidence to your flourish that you never thought possible.

 These days I am gleaning so much from the colours and inspiration of the Pre-Raphaelites and that will surely find its way into some of the colours I share in the upcoming autumn season. My ultimate goal is that you find joy with the flourish and find your way to picking up the pointed pen every day! If colour, sparkle and play seem like something you would like to incorporate into your flourish, I can't wait to share this with you. 

This course will be hosted through Acorn Arts and registration is now open. Ultimately, I hope to share skills with you that will bring your flourishes to a whole new level of refinement and expertise.

My philosophy for flourishing and growing as an artist has been through the natural world and I hope you will become more confident with floral and foliate flourishing and designs. I also want you to be mindful that the simple element of mindful time on task is part of the process of refining skills. Offhand flourishing is an acquired skill like any other. It is easier than you think with a broader range of possibilities than you can imagine. Thank you so much for all of your kind emails and sharing your beautiful work with me. It makes me so happy to see how the courses are helping you grow as an artist and find peace in the process.  Happy Mid August dear friends. 

No comments: