Friday, February 11, 2022

Pink is Always a Good Idea

In the midst of dark days of news and an enduring winter I find that anxiety creeps in a little bit. I find I need to dig a little deeper to find a sense  of peace when I work at my desk.  When I worked in the fabric store, just seeing the bright colours of the quilting fabrics lifted my spirits! The shop is long gone but the joy of colour remains with me. This week I came home with the most gorgeous miniature rose. Seeing the pink colour instantly brought a smile to my face. There is joy in colour and for me the colour that releases joy for me is pink. It came up in conversation as I was teaching The Flowering Flourish class this week. Pink is always a good idea, at least for me. 

I don't know what it is about the colour but it just lifts my spirit and brings a sense of calm no matter what is going on around me. As I continue to prepare for the class Nature Sings class, a pink bunny emerged. I guess it was just a matter of time before it happened!
Even the gilded butterfly has hints of pink in it. I can't escape how much joy I find in this colour.
Surround yourself with the colours that bring you joy and see if that can bring you a little lift of happiness even if you are going through something dark or stressful.

I have had some wonderful emails, letters and phone calls from those of you who share the love of special colours and flowers. Pansies are another favourite and I have been exploring them with my private students and will be painting pansy initials as part of the Alphabet Garden course at Ardington. The classes were sold out but we expanded the capacity a little bit to open up a few more seats and take care of the waiting list. So if you would like to join in either March or May, I think you will enjoy the pansy letters and other explorations we can do with a brightly painted Illuminated Letter.

The Ardington classes are kept quite small to allow for more feedback and I have seen some absolutely remarkable work in the Luminous Letter and The Flowering Flourish. My hope is that students will be able to find peace and joy through the work of their hands. If I can play even a small part in bringing them happiness, I will feel so grateful. No matter what happens in external environments and things that are beyond our control, there are small things we can do to nurture peace and joy. Sending hugs all around and I hope you have a beautiful weekend!


 

No comments: