Monday, August 2, 2021

IAMPETH in Omaha


 This is a very special week for my dear IAMPETH family. If the world was back to normal, I would be walking up and down the halls of the hotel, doing tons of shopping at Paper and Ink arts and reconnecting with precious friends who brought this introvert out of her shell and helped hone her ability to teach. IAMEPTH has my heart and soul. With the current COVID restrictions still closing the land border between Canada and US, I have had to stay home. I am still teaching my Flowering Flourish class for my precious students through a special webcam and live stream method into the classroom. So my heart is at ease that way. For all of you who have inquired, I sent pens ahead to the Conference and they will be at Paper and Ink Arts where Ann and Terry Cobb will be overseeing the sale of my pens.  But the special moments where I get to visit my dear friends, share a meal, have breakfast with Bob Hurford and go for long walks with dear friends will be missing this week.  Sending hugs and love to all those there.

These past 18 months have been so trying in so many ways. We have all made tremendous sacrifices and seen so many disruptions. One of the lessons I have learned over these months is to really look at what is wonderful in your life and cherish those things with a wholeheartedly,. Be mindfully aware of even the smallest things that bring you joy. Pause and reflect and cherish the special moments. I have had the incredible pleasure of being able to teach online with lots of private students as well as larger groups. I have been able to watch skills get coaxed to a higher level and I am dumbfounded by the progress I see in the students. The joy that come out of flourishing, gilding, writing or drawing letters really is so inspiriting to me. I will update later this month with more news about my Fall classes. I will be teaching Italian Hand through Acorn Arts online, Fascinating Flourishes and The Luminous Letter through Ardington School and another more advanced holiday flourishing class through The Gentle Penman.   I will feature each of these courses separately as blog posts later on so you know a bit more of what will be offered. Lots to do and lots coming up. Whatever your first week of August looks like from your part of the world, I hope you find moments of joy that you can cherish!! Sending hugs and much love all around. The last photo on this blog post is sweet little Juniper Jumper. I have watched this baby rabbit grow in my back yard.  He has been eating clover and dandelion weeds ad the occasional flower. I am taking tons of photos so I can paint him in one of my miniature illuminations. Happy August dear friends. 

No comments: