Sunday, June 21, 2020

The Alphabet Garden: Private Student Release

I can hardly believe it is June 21st already! The garden is blooming and there is so much activity in my backyard everyday. It is such a beautiful season. I love the heat and the bright colours of the flowers and the foliage.

This past year, I have been working hard on a special course release for the IAMPETH conference in Atlanta. With the conference being postponed, I worked on a special version of The Alphabet Garden which is now available for private students through Skype or FaceTime. The Alphabet Garden combines my love of the Victorian world and the botanical world along with traditional shapes of Medieval and Renaissance illuminated letters.

 It will give the students a chance to learn about drawing their own historic versal letters and strategically adding embellishments. It has been a welcome distraction to design this course of study and I began to expand the garden to included more stylized letterforms as well as inhabited initials that could incorporate a more botanical subject or a butterfly. Students will be able to choose how many lessons they want to sign up for if they want to expand the basics into a more complex design such as a bordered initial or an inhabited initial.

Like all illumination courses, there are so many possibilities that it is difficult to stop! If you are interested in studying privately with me please email me at heather@heathervictoriaheld.com to discuss the possibilities.

 With so many of us being at home right now, this is the best way for me to connect with you and help you on your calligraphic, painting and illumination journey.

Whatever you are doing on this beautiful June Day, I hope you take time to enjoy the calming presence of nature and do something that brings you joy. Be patient with yourselves and with others in these curious and uncertain days. Sending hugs to you all. Happy to chat if you want to send me an email. Sending special Father's Day greetings to all of the precious Dads out there as well. Love you all!

No comments: