Saturday, February 9, 2019

Quick post

Just taking a few minutes to touch base with my blog. I appreciate the email messages I get from you and the feedback to the posts. Right now, I am so busy in the studio but feeling grateful for the work. I am about to launch into my busy travel schedule and booking in to 2020 and 2021 at the moment! I am working hard as wellon a  new workshop release in drawing, painting and gilding Acanthus ornamental designs. It should be fun! I always find it quite enlightening to try and figure out how to put my process into words.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I learn so much in the process of creating the classes and I love to dive into study and research.
I also had the tremendous pleasure to work on a special anniversary Enchanted Letter commission for someone that I met through the blog! It was a pure delight to work on this project. This piece will be incorporated into a lace wreath for her anniversary celebration. The artwork pictured at the top is the original design and the two others are prints of the original. The prints and the orignals are all gilded with 23K gold leaf as well as touches of Shell Gold. Of course, I had to add Swarovski crystals!
It is such a tremendous honour to work on pieces for special celebrations. I have so much fun, this never feels like work to me! Happy February everyone! 

No comments: