Friday, August 14, 2015

Powerful Words

I have never been so convinced of the power of the written word! This week, I received many beautiful letters. They all came for various reasons and with different messages but all of them brought a blessing to me. Reading them this time, I could hear the voices of my friends. I was so thankful that they took the time to put their thoughts down on paper for me. One of them came with little illustrations in it! Reminded me of the correspondence between John Ruskin and Kate Greenaway. Little illustrations often adorned their letters.
My friends at the post office take special care with my mail. They handle each piece carefully and show it off before they put it in my mail box!!!! When the mail comes home with me, it rests on my table until I have enjoyed the envelope for awhile. The mail waits until I am ready to sit down and open it! Thank you my dear friends for your caring thoughts this week. They came at the right time.

No comments: