Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Beauty of Italian Hand

Giving Special thanks for my dear friend Don Marsh today! Over the past 2 years, he has helped me with advice and insight as I prepared for a March workshop in Italian Hand. On March 1st, I soft launched this workshop to 22 participants from the Royal City Calligraphy Guild. The results were amazing as people who had not handled the pointed pen before became as intrigued as I am with this gorgeous hand.
This morning, Cocker, Snell, Clark, Bickham and Becker are on a road trip with me as I fully launch this workshop in its two day format for the Calligraphic Arts Guild of Toronto. I feel as if I have gone through hundreds of miniature studies as this hand was slow to yield its secrets. I will share a bit more about Italian Hand after this workshop. In the meantime, I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to share this wonderful hand with eager new students! Part of today's study will be to contrast it with English Roundhand and even take a peek at how this hand influeces Spencerian script.
This hand has captured my hand and my heart. As I write it daily, it has become more inuitive to me than any other hand. Feeling as the Writing Masters are smiling this morning as a hand that was probably so simple for them has presented so many puzzles to me!

No comments: