Monday, June 9, 2014

Pure Joy

I am long overdue in updating my blog!!! This is an understatement, but life has been busy. I am still playing catch up on commissions I received in December! Thankfully, I still find moments when I can share my work with someone who just needs a little lift.
My purest and most profound joy comes when I can work on such a piece. The inspiration for it finds me, I don't have to chase it. The time comes to me, I don't have to put anything aside. Miraculously, Oscar rarely impedes the process!
It is a magical process and as the piece gets mailed off to its recipient, the magic continues. I don't know when it will arrive or how it will be recieved. But is sent with all the joy and brightness I can muster. So thankful for the pen, the lessons it brings, and the way it can bless someone else and the voice it gives me when my own words fail. I remain humbled and in awe of the whole process.

5 comments:

june maffin said...

And is because of this approach, Heather, that what you do, is a vocation - not a job. It is something you are called to do and Spirit celebrates that you approach your vocation with such joy. When a personal moment arrives for you to create, time is provided, grace surrounds and both you and the recipient are blessed - be they personal or commissioned projects.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you for these beautiful words June. They brought back wonderful memories of our talks while I visited B.C. Big hug to you and Hans.

nutcake said...

Hi Heather

Your work just gets more beautiful with each piece you do. Love the two above.

Best wishes
Hazel (from the UK)

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you dear Hazel!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you dear Hazel!