Friday, March 7, 2014

Behind the Scenes

There are some things you can never know until you start to go through them.
When I took on the role of IAMPETH President this year, I truly had no idea of all of the hours of work it would involve or the friendships I would forge along the way. The road has had some highs and some lows. Some stresses and some moments of pure joy. And we are only in March. Still plenty of road left to travel before the conference in Indianapolis. It all boils down to the love of the art form and working hard to promote and preserve that art. Today, IAMPETH takes a giant step forward in building our new database. Lots of hands and minds have come together to see this happen. I am so thankful for the support of family, friends, board members and colleagues and especially thankful for one dear friend's time and energy into this project. Dear Debi this is for you my friend. For those of you who know my process, there are no surprises here in this piece. I think in pencil and then paint.
The design took place during one of the busiest seasons of IAMPETH planning and working!
Now being mailed off to bless my friend.

2 comments:

Alesia Zorn Calligraphy said...

It's lovely and Debi soooo deserves it!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Alesia. She is a treasure and so easy to work with!!
XO,
Heather