Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pencil Guided Thoughts

I never ceased to be amazed by the mediative qualities that a simple pencil can bring out.
As it glides across the paper, there is no fear of making a mistake. The eraser is built in. Mistakes are easily eradicated. This simple, mindful process allows thoughts to flow freely. If you have read some of my previous posts, you will know that I love to keep a journal and pencil handy. This journal is particularly special. It captures thoughts that come to me as I work out designs in pencil.
Often it is a thought that I need to try to expand and later finds its way into a workshop. It's just pencil on paper. Nothing incredibly difficult or complicated. But the action of putting pencil to paper does help hone my thoughts and ideas. The journal provides an added bonus that it allows me to return to my thoughts at any time.
Just a thought I wanted to share.

No comments: