Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Late Night Flourishes

Finding solitude has been a challenge these past few weeks. But shut alone in my studio this evening I found some time to play. I pulled out some Canson Mi-Tientes paper in Stygian Black to work on. It is still my favourite paper although it is getting scarce here in Canada. The black seems richer than my Recollections cardstock and flourishes love to fight with the slight tooth in the paper. My lines are more crisp and clean on this pastel paper. I even broke out a new palette of Fine Tec Gold after using my first palette for over 4 years.

4 comments:

Donna Jeanne Koepp said...

This is so inspirational. I'm new to following your blog (and to pointed pen) and your work is so lovely it gives me something to reach for. Thank you.
Donna

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you for the kind words Donna! Welcome to the blog and to the pointed pen!

Jane Farr said...

Beautiful work, Heather! I'm glad you carved out some time to play - food for the artistic soul. No doubt that new palette will be used for many more gorgeous works. xo

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you dear Jane!!!