Monday, December 17, 2012

The Enchanted Meadow Series: The Merry Makers

Still playing with ideas for my Enchanted Meadow series. Meet the Merry Makers~ Comfort and Joy. Inspired by the Yuletide season, I wanted these little rabbits to be incorporated into a festive border. I still have so much to learn about designing these little animals and merging them with a Medieval border, but I am enjoying the process.
This piece is done on Fabriano watercolour paper with Winsor Newton & Holbein Watercolours. It is flat gilded iwth 24 K gold leaf. White accents were added with Dr. Ph. Martin's bleedproof White. Finished size is 5 1/2" x 1 3/4".

4 comments:

Quietfire said...

Awww, this is adorable - not to mention beautiful! Merry Christmas, Heather!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Merry Christmas to you too Suzanne!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the kind words!

acornmoon said...

Your rabbits look very festive and ornate, they would look good on an Easter card too. I love the white ink, I must look out for it.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks for the kind words Valerie!!!!