Wednesday, May 9, 2012

For the Love of Letters

It's been a rewarding experience for an introvert like me to get out and travel to other guilds. I always wrestle with the fear of flying but once I arrive at my destination, I am so happy to be in an environment where I can share my love of letters. I am preparing for another teaching venue shortly and had to complete some commission work before I go.
I still get excited when I start to design one of these Victorian letters. I find it so peaceful and meditative and I often look back in wonder at how much the love of letters has shaped my life.
These three are done with the Staedtler Aquarelle watercolour pencils, 22K gold leaf and Diane Townsend pastels. Accent strokes are with my finetec gold metallic watercolours which are still going strong after almost daily use for three years!

6 comments:

Jane Farr said...

Magnificent, Heather! I love the letter "E" especially. I admire you for not letting the busyness of your schedule steal the joy and peace of creating such beautiful letters.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Jane!

Dana said...

I am so proud of you, Heather! It has been amazing to see how much your art has evolved since I met you 7 years ago!! ...but it has always been beautiful and so "you".

xo~~

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana! It certainly would not have evolved like this without our year long project!
xo

acornmoon said...

Hello, I am just catching up with your blog, it is always a pleasure to see your wonderful artistry.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Valerie! I always love visiting your blog as well. It is so inspiring.
Heather