Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring ABC's

First day of spring forward time! Makes me realize that winter is over and I will be back in full swing with a busy teaching schedule. I am putting together a new portfolio of Enchanted Letter designs as well as Artful Flourishes. I will keep you posted! This 5"x7" piece is done on John Neal's new diploma parchment. I love the colour and it takes the Finetec gold beautifully. It held up to three washes of watercolour in the ribbon script. All the usual suspects used in this piece, watercolour,23K gold leaf, Finetec Gold, Diane Townsend Pastels.

8 comments:

Jody Meese said...

Looking forward to the rest of the season and the rest of the alphabet!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jody!!!

Heather

Dana said...

Love the spring feel to it! I can't wait to see what you are doing with this!

xo~~

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana!!!

acornmoon said...

Hi Heather, I have a friend who studies calligraphy, she took me along to a raised gilding workshop. We all came home with a bit of gesso, I thought of you.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Hi Valerie!
I am so happy that you got to a raised gilding workshop. Let me know what you think of using the gesso!
xo,
Heather

Jane Farr said...

Gorgeous! That "C" is just showing off! :) You convinced me to buy some Diploma Parchment from John Neal- now, just to make the time to try it.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jane! Hope you like the new diploma parchment. I am still really enjoying it!