Friday, November 18, 2011

Wintergreen


All the way up to W in the Illuminated Letter Project. Winter is on the way and I was picturing the Wintergreen mints that come out around the holiday season when I painted this little letter. The Wintergreen mints come in packages with Green Spearmints, White Peppermints and beatiful Pink Peppermints. I put that colour combination to work in this piece. Finished project is 4"x1" on Saunders Hot Press watercolour paper. The pink is mixed with Rose Dore and Bleedproof white. Flat 23K gilding. The whole piece has been burnished with the white metallic Diane Townsend pastel.

5 comments:

Jody Meese said...

This one's easy: Wonderful!!!

Dana said...

Wow!!! It is like a Winter Wonderland. Really gets me in the holiday spirit to ready your post. ...and I best get in the painting spirit as I have 6 to go ~ which is what, one a week now??

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana! I went out looking for the wintergreen mints and couldn't find any in the stores yet! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful botanicals!
xo,
Heather

Jane Farr said...

"W"ell Done and oh, so pretty!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jane!!

Heather