Friday, October 21, 2011

Up To U!


Definitely coming down the home stretch with the alphabet project. My colour palette for this letter took on slightly darker tones. Floral petals are Purple lake blended with Payne's grey and the leaves are Perylene Green. The Lombardic style U is painted with Holbein's Horizon blue and shaded with French Ultramarine blue. Accent strokes are done with Finetec Gold. This piece was done of Somerset Satin Soft White paper. The Rolco gold size sat on top of the surface of the paper without being absorbed. It allowed for slight raised effects in the 23K Gold. Finished size is 6"x2 1/2".

8 comments:

acornmoon said...

It is always a pleasure to visit your blog, you produced work of a consistently high quality.

I am very intrigued by your use of gold, something I would love to know more about.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for the kind words. I will try to do a post soon on the use of gold. It is very easy to use!

Heather

Dana said...

Heather, it is the Ultimate beauty! ...and I am getting Upset thinking how close we are to finishing this project and the fact I have 9 to go! You have done an amazing job!
xo~

Heather Victoria Held said...

Hi Dana,

it will be very strange to have this project completed. We are coming down the home stretch for sure!
xo,
Heather

Jody Meese said...

Unique and uplifting! Heather, it is even more fun to see your work having gotten to know you a little bit at the Saga. Looking forward to the rest of the alphabet!

Heather Victoria Held said...

thanks Jody! It was great to get to know you!

Heather

Jane Farr said...

Another stunner! What will I do when you're done? I have so enjoyed viewing your and Dana's alphabets! :)

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jane! I don't know what I will do when we are done. It has been such a fun project to work on!

Heather