Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nearly lost N


Just returned from the Iampeth conference and searched frantically for my letter N. It was the only one not properly adhered in my journal and I thought that I might have lost it along the way. But after rifling through all the luggage, loose papers, class samples and notes, I finally found it. This little N is 4"x2" and is done on Arches HP paper. I used Holbein Horizon blue on the letter and ribbon and Carmine and Alizarin crimson for the roses. The leaves are sap and leaf green. Background technique is pastel burnished with my favourite Diane Townsend Terrages pastels. They were great to pack along to Iampeth for very quick embellishments during demonstrations. Glad to be home. Hope to post the pics of my Iampeth studies very soon.

10 comments:

Jody Meese said...

Hi Heather, Great to meet you and watch you work at IAMPETH! Glad you and your "N" made it home safely. It's Nice (though a little Naughty for hiding itself).

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jody! I wish I thought of the Naughty but Nice title for the N! It was such a treat to met you. Thank you so much for introducing yourself. I hope our paths cross again!
xo,
Heather

Nadege, said...

I have been waiting to see your "N", it is beautiful, glad it didn't stay hidden.
You do amazing work. I have just taken a class in basic calligraphy and your work is an inspiration.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Nadege! So glad you stopped by the blog!

Heather

Dana said...

Heather! How did I miss your N post?? I guess I saw it on FB and didn't see the story here. What a Nightmare that you Nearly lost N!!! That would have been tragic. It is so gorgeous. I love the color combination and what you are doing with the pastels. I wish I could have seen you in action at Iampeth.
xo~~

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana!!! It was a lot of fun to demonstrate with the Townsend Pastels at Iampeth. I really enjoy using the. On to O!! It is proving to be a challenge at the moment.

xo,
Heather

Gaby said...

Hi,
I'm just starting with Calligrapy and Copperplate. I love flourishing but I really dont know how to start. I'm to look for any book that guides me step by step how to learn but I'm not sure on which could be good.
Is it possible that you tell me if you have your own book and where can I buy it?. I live in south america - Chile and believe me that the art that you do is not very popular here....
Thank you!!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks for the comment Gabrielle. I have responded to your comment via email. Please let me know if I can be of any further help to you.

Heather

Jane Farr said...

Phew! I bet your heart skipped a beat when your "N" revealed itself amidst your IAMPETH supplies. It is a lovely piece. It was wonderful to meet you and learn from you Heather! xo

Heather Victoria Held said...

Many thanks Jane!! It was great to finally meet you too!

xo