Friday, June 17, 2011

Little Leaf Green L


Nearly half way through this illuminated letter project and the letterforms are starting to flow a little more freely.I wanted the L to be a Lombardic letter but didn't like any of my sketches so I went back to my ribbon script letters.I wanted the foliate extension to look a little older than the Victorian era. I have been looking at a lot of Persian illuminated manuscripts online and I think that influenced my colour choices,the use of Permanent White and the extra touches of gold. Sleeping Beauty Turquoise mixed with Permanent White and Winsor Blue were used for the larger flowers.The smaller flowers are Permanent White, Opera Rose, Carmine and Alizarin Crimson The leaves and letters are painted with Holbein Leaf Green, Permanent White and Sap Green. Finished size is 4"x 1 1/4" on Arches HP.

6 comments:

Dana said...

So Lovely!~~

I love your color choices and the flow cascading below.

They just keep getting better.

I am about to catch up and yes! we are almost halfway there. So fun!

xo~~

Chelsea Art Designs said...

Hi Heather!!! I am so pleased to be follower number 30 on your blog. I stumbled across it by chance via Tim Holtz, via some else and here I am.

Your body of work is amazing, I am stunned, such beautiful and delicate pieces.....it really touches me. So happy I found your blog.

Best wishes...will pop by to say hello soon.

Tight hugs

Chelsea

London

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana! This has been such a fun journey for us!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Hi Chelsea,
So glad that you have found my blog. Thank you so much for the kind words about my work. I will pay a visit to your site as well.
Heather

Jane Farr said...

Luscious Leaf Green! It's a tremendous design Heather - a beautiful piece.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jane! Stil enjoying this project.I hope to bring my journal with all of the letters in it so far to Iampeth.
Heather