Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Gilded Flourish


Trying to figure out the Pergamenta paper and how it reacts to flourishing. I used a Gillott Principality pen point and McCaffery brown ink on this flourish. I wanted a very sharp and flexible point to see if the paper caught the nib at all. It almost glides effortless on this paper even though there is texture to the paper.(Could be the Principality!) I added tiny dots of raised gilding to the flourish and used watercolour pencil on the florals. The piece is matted to 8x10.

10 comments:

Kim Shenberger said...

Another beautiful piece, Heather. Inspiring.

I'm loving Pergamenata paper. It's strange, though. There is a texture to it but the surface is 'hard' that pointed nibs just skate along with no drag. Kind of got away from me at first. I had to get used to that.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Kim. The Pergamenata does take some getting used to but I think that gliding ability can really work with the pointed pen. Lots of possibilities!
talk to you soon,
Heather

Jody Meese said...

This looks like Spring personified, Heather! Love the colors and the sense of motion. I'd say you and your pen have made very good friends with Pergamenata!

acornmoon said...

Oh, I love that little bird!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jody! I am really starting to love that paper!

Heather

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Valerie! I had fun with the bird!

Heather

Dana said...

What a sweet little Spring bird! I can almost hear it chirping.

I really must try that paper!

xoxo~~

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana! I think you would love the paper.
Heather

Jane Farr said...

Could be the Principality? I think it could be the Penman! :) So lovely and delicate Heather - beautiful!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thank you Jane! That Principality really is a dream nib!
Heather