Friday, January 28, 2011

Two in a Row



I did manage to get my initial B completed! Once again this is fashioned in the style of Alberto Sangorski. I think I have used more blue than I ever have before. Usually I avoid the colour but I really like Holbein's Horizon blue and I mixed it with French Ultramarine Blue and Payne's Grey.The pinks were mixed with Rose Dore, Shell Pink and Alizarin Crimson. I am learning a lot with the is project. I also tried the lining work with a Dynasty 15/0 bent liner brush. Finished size is 3 3/4 x 2 1/8" on Arches 140 lb. HP paper.

4 comments:

Joseph Chapman said...

Nice. The inside of the B almost looks Reniassance (you know, realistic flowers and leaves on a plain background). And I never knew there were oblique brushes!

Dana said...

So Heather-ly. What amazing details in this gorgeous letter.

You outdid yourself again!

I hope to post mine Saturday or Sunday.

xoxo~Dana

Jane Farr said...

Wow, Heather!!!! Your B just blows me away. It's beyond gorgeous and very inspiring!

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana and Jane! This has been a challenging project and we are still in January. Dana, can't wait to see what you do!

Heather