Saturday, October 30, 2010

Finally Done!!!



I have more hours in this miniature than any I have ever attempted. Calling it finished before I overwork it. This is based on a 16th century miniature of St. Luke by Simon Bening. I learned a lot on this piece, but I have so much more to learn! I started this piece in August but could only work on it a few hours at a time. I lost count of the hours I have invested into it. it is 3x4 on Arches 140 lb HP paper. It was a very challenging piece but I enjoyed working on it.

7 comments:

Dana said...

Simply gorgeous, Heather. A true labor of love.

I would love for you to post your inspiration piece!

xo~Dana

Jane Farr said...

Saint Heather, you have the patience of Job! The veining in the marble pole, the detail on the ox, and the versals in the manuscript blow me away. A very special piece - congratulations!

Harvest said...

How beautiful and perfect! St. Luke is the patron saint of artists. He surely was watching over you in delight.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks everyone. The more I look at this piece, the more I want to keep working on it. Finally done might be Almost Done!

Heather Victoria Held said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Victoria Held said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back down the road. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice afternoon!