Friday, September 10, 2010

Something Completely Different


The only benefit of ever having a migraine is that artistically, it eradicates all indecision. I had a small commission for a 40th anniversary in November and I was a little stumped by the commission. All that was requested were the numerals 40 and a few flourishes on an 8x10 light yellow ground. The size and the content were a bit awkward sounding and I was not being hit by an idea. However, I was hit with a migraine and just sat down to the paper and this little autumn flourish emerged. Fabercastell polychromos, Finetec golds, sakura stardust and hot foil on clairefontaine maya.

5 comments:

Jody Meese said...

Well, I wouldn't wish a migraine on anyone but this one certainly had its upside! Lovely, and hope you're felling better.

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Jody! Thankfully the migraine has subsided!

Dana said...

Why do my migraines not produce such creative results???
I hate that you felt bad - but if this was the result, it had a benefit!! :D

Feel better.

xoxo~Dana

Jane Farr said...

This is beautiful Heather! No hint of awkwardness or indecision - just pure grace and elegance. I hope you are now pain free!

Heather Victoria Held said...

thanks Jane!!! Finally feeling better!