Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Maiden In the Garden


Every spring, summer and fall I take a time out to study with Master Illuminator Debbie Thompson Wilson. Debbie is one of the finest medieval miniature painters I have ever come across and I treasure the time spent with her. She is so generous with her knowledge. She truly wants her students to learn this delicate artform. I worked on this little lady for 6 hours today. She is approximately 3 x 3 1/2" on Arches 140 lb. Hot press. New colour for me in my palette today is Rose Dore. Another pink!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Heather, I love the backdrop of the garden scene and your colors here. Rose Dore is a favorite of mine too.
The features on the face are so delicate and fine.
You did a great job with the fabric draping.
Such a wonderful piece. I can see why you love doing these miniatures.
Thanks for sharing.
xoxo~Dana

Heather Victoria Held said...

Thanks Dana. She was so much fun to paint. The hours just flew by!