Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Correspondence


This past week I taught a workshop in Spencerian Script. I had assigned each student the specific homework of writing and posting a letter to someone by Sunday. I feel that the written word is such a powerful way of sharing thoughts and feelings. I have received so many encouraging letters over the years from penmanship friends and I have kept all of them in numerous scrapbooks. This week, I received a beautiful box of G. Lalo stationery from a dear friend and have already begun putting the lovely cards to good use. This little flourish is for a special friend who is going through a difficult time right now. I encourage anyone who holds the pen dear, to write to someone special this week. It will make their day.

1 comment:

Dana Cochran said...

As a recipient of some of your cards and letters, I know this will brighten your friends' day!
You are such a thoughtful, kind person.
xo~Dana